Wednesday, December 12, 2012

my current favourites (december 2012)

"speak for yourself,
you paper tigers,
too late to make demands,
when you've got a riot on your hands"

i thought i'd update my blog since it's been a little while since i've updated, when i promised myself i'd try to post every day. blogging helps me to vent! this post is all about my favourites of the moment. let's begin!

my current favourite smell in the world right now is very scandalous, haha. it's sex on the beach from demeter fragrance library. it was a birthday gift for myself...lolz okay you twisted my arm, it's one of my brithday gifts that i bought for myself haha. it's a scent spray, which means that it doesn't last as long as an eau de parfum or even an eau de toilette, but i love it all the same. it's supposedly the smell of an alcoholic beverage, which i haven't ever smelled so i dunno about that, but the spray itself smells like pineapples and berries and weirdly enough (maybe i'm just imagining this because it's not mentioned in the website) coconuts! it smells so warm and happy and awesome.


demeter's new in malaysia, and i bought mine from klcc's isetan, in a shop with a korean brand which for the life of me i can't remember the name of. one word to describe demeter's fragrances would be UNIQUE. seriously, they have some out of this world scents. like, hello, thunderstorm? wet garden? DIRT? lolz. even though i'm not entirely sure i want to smell like dirt, i do appreciate the thought of creating scents that evoke good memories and happiness. go check them out at here

the next smell that i'm addicted to is the scent of my current favourite drink, which is a tea made up of a heavenly infusion of camomile  honey and vanilla. it smell so warm and calming and wonderful, i can't help sniffing my empty cup when i finish drinking the tea. it really does work to calm down your nerves when you're not doing as much work as you're supposed to lolz. i've been quite into teas lately, (you know, my british obsession) and i've been trying to find some that i like. i don't really like the stronger ones like black tea, but i basically have no idea about other types of tea, i.e. darjeeling, assam, earl grey, rooibos. believe me, there are a lot of teas out there in the world.
like having a tasty smelling therapist at home.
my current favourite song is lol...bohemian rhapsody, from queen. i love the song, it's so...weird. it's about a man who accidentally killed someone, and sort of sold his soul to the devil. then on the night of his execution he calls out for God to help save him from the Devil (they actually put Bismillah in the lyrics, which is, in my humble opinion quite awesome because it meant that freddy mercury was open enough to accept other religious views and he was actually praying for mercy) and different forces fight for his soul. my favourite part of the song would prolly be the opera part which starts like this:

"i see a little silhouette-o of a man,
scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango?
thunderbolt and lightning,
very very frightening me!"

and this part is great too:
"i'm just a poor boy nobody loves me, 
he's just a poor boy from a poor family,
spare him his life from this monstrosity!" 

i keep singing the opera part which sounds really cray cray when you're singing it without being accompanied by a choir haha. ah well.

my favourite tv shows would for the moment are the walking dead, doctor who, and glee. (make no mistake though, i still smile to myself when i remember a random bit of dialog from sherlock. i am so retarded haha) the walking dead this season is sooooo good. i am liking michonne because she is a BADASS. but tbh, she's nothing compared to martin freeman.

biggest bamf that ever lived.
aaaaanyways, i think the walking dead's in its 8th episode now, still waiting for 9 to be uploaded onto you-know-where. :p in the last episode michonne stabbed the governer with a piece of broken glass, RIGHT IN THE FRIGGIN' EYE! god that was terrifying. i always imagine shit like that happening to me. (not being stabbed by michonne, but like, falling and accidentally skewering my eye or something morbid like that) and my favourite character daryl was sadly captured by the governer, and merle (his brother) was outed as a spy for enemy (even though he actually wasn't) because the governer was mad that merle lied to him and said that he had killed michonne. dang so much drama. i just hope my homeboy's all good in the next ep. 

...and now i've just found out that episode 9 is not airing until february next year. WHAT THE FART? (cries) sigh. SIGH. 

ah well. i've finished watching all 7 seasons of doctor who, and now i'm just waiting for the latest episode which is no. 6, which is gonna be aired on christmas. gah this is what i hate about series, all the cliffhangers and waiting and anxiety and stress and gaaaaaahhhh. truth be told though, i don't really enjoy the 11th doctor. it's sad, because i love the series and its inherent geekiness, but i can't seem to like 11 as much as i like 9 and 10. i mean, i love 9. and 10 is my favourite because he's made of rainbows and fluffy clouds and chocolates. i see 9 as someone i would love to have an adventure with, 10 as someone who could be my best friend, and 11 as like, a normal acquaintance. and the worst part is i'm really trying to love him, but i don't know why i don't. he's okay, and he has his moments of coolness but overall? meh. 

10 though is so awesome that he can rock 3d glasses LIKE A BOSS.
well, at least we have some new eye candy in glee. the klaine ship has disbanded though, so that makes me sad. i am not liking the marley or whatsername and the whole aneroxic act, because hello, she is already SUPER SKINNY. it's really not very believable to me that someone so thin could be so insecure about herself, especially when she's got 2 guys fighting over her? i dunno, that's just me though, i could be very wrong. 
but hey, life would be infinitely look better if more brody's existed in the world.
my current favourite person right now is and always will be mcevil, who's disappeared and has been quite quiet and tired today because he's been busy playing with the new toy i bought him! ♥
phwoah sexy pose.
i'm currently reading sherlock holmes on paperback as well as on my phone, so i can safely say that sherlock holmes is my favourite book right now. i am positive that just reading these books will raise my iq by 20 points, because, as sherlock says, "i am a brain watson, the rest of me is a mere appendix". 

my favourite accessories are anything with skulls on them. but i'm most prone to wear skull rings, because those are just too awesome to deny. and i am lemming for these:

handcuff skeleton bracelet! omg awesomeface. from here.
my favourite item of clothing would prolly be...my new boots! :D this was my 2nd birthday gift to myself teehee. it was from topshop and it is beeyootee-ful! it's quite hilarious that the name of these boots are topshop macho black patent laceup boots. macho, haha cool.
they're admittedly a bit shinier than i prefer, but i still rock these!
honest, i wear these nearly every day. i don't even feel that comfortable in heels anymore cos i keep wearing these babies and they're flat kan. but whatevs, they're just so rad.

well, i think that's about enough rambling dontcha think? i'm currently stuck in the cat part of youtube again. gaaaaaah

No comments:

Post a Comment