okay, let's do this. so...hi internet hoomans. i am anis. i have a bit of an obsession with makeup, so much so i feel like i need to just take a step back and chill for a bit y'know? in the 4 months of 2016, i have managed to spend more than a thousand bucks on makeup alone. i know. i am ashamed of myself and of my inability to have self-control. this is becoming a problem, but hey, the first step is to admit that you have a problem right?
however, though i regret the amount of money i've spent on makeup (read: hugely regret and omg i feel so guilty aaah) i can't seem to muster the same hate for the products that i've purchased. like, i ain't gonna lie, i love my makeup. this isn't some kind of self-revelation moment where i realize that i'm actually not into makeup that much, or that i'm very pretty already and don't need all this much makeup. no. i love makeup. lol. i am happy with a majority of the things that i have, and i want to use them up. my problem is that i have zero amount of self-discipline and i always want to try out new shades. but baby steps, girl, baby steps, and my first step towards makeup rehab is to STOP BUYING MAKEUP.
this is gonna be so difficult, but i hope that posting this online holds me in some sort of sacred internet vow where i will be pelted with rotting vegetables when i walk outside, side-eyed by men with thick sideburns, and spat at by old ladies from romania should i fail. so, starting may 2016, i am on a makeup no-buy. a makeup no-buy is exactly that, you don't buy makeup. i am starting with just 2-3 months from now, and will see if my spirits have waned or not by then. i want to say that i won't be purchasing makeup EVER but i want to set a low, realistic goal for myself so that i don't feel overwhelmed and get frustrated. i know this will be hard for me, but i sure as hell hope that i will persevere. i can do this!
okay, so that means a no-buy from may to july 2016. save that date jarvis. neeeext, i have also joined a challenge called the makeup use-up challenge for 2016. this is where i try to use up or at least hit pan on makeup products that i already have in my collection. i've been doing this since the start of this year anyways, and at first my goal was to finish/pan 10 makeup products. howeverrrr, since i am a makeup whore and continued buying shit even when i was trying to use up shit, i have amassed a LOT of new products this year alone, especially lipsticks. LIPSTICKS ARE SO ADDICTIVE YO. i have discovered that 2016 is my "year of the lipstick" because i've realized that no, actually lipsticks don't look bad on my face. (long story which i will tell in another post)
so after careful consideration, i've decided that i need to use-up at least 20 items by 2016. doesn't matter what product it is, but i do have a list of items that i'm focusing on to pan or finish first. i also ended up throwing out a bunch of products which have dried out or just don't work for me at all, like seriously no amount of tears or blending can fix that. some of these items i have included in this challenge, simply because they were in my list of things that i wanted to use-up and kinda died while i was trying to use them up. sounds a bit cheaty, but honestly i'm not stopping just at 20 products yo so chill.
so. here's the list of my items that i want to use up. note that i have more than 20 just so i can rotate them throughout the year as i please, it makes this challenge less stressful that way. (p/s: it annoys me that these are not categorized according to their use i.e. eyeliners, lipsticks etc, but i'll make another post on this i swear)
- stila hydrating finishing powder
- topshop skin glow
- clinique chubby stick - whole lotta honey
the balm stainiac - beauty queen(finished this today woo!) loving minerals blush - apricot
- laura mercier eye pencil - black extreme
- mac mineralize skinfinish natural - medium deep
- marc jacobs re(marc)able concealer - 4 glow
- elf matte bronzer
- stila eyeshadow - sunset (from the in the light palette)
- laura mercier hydrating primer
topshop waterproof eyeliner - burnished
- revlon new complexion foundation - 05 medium beige
bare minerals ready foundation - r250
- topshop cream blush - neon rose
- benefit that gal primer (deluxe size)
- benefit porefessional primer (deluxe size)
- laura mercier tinted moisturiser - natural
- loving minerals blush - terracotta
- the balm batter up cream eyeshadow - grand slam pam
- maybelline colour tattoo - inked in pink
- guerlain kiss kiss lipgloss - 462 violine
- mac prep + prime highlighter - light boost
- pupa diva's rouge lipstick - rossetto
- mac studio finish concealer spf 35 - nw30
- inglot precision eyeliner - 40
- make up forever hd primer - green (old packaging)
- nyx above and beyond full coverage concealer - yellow
- loving minerals blush - wild rose
- bourjois duochrome eyeliner - 59 violet rose
- nyx slide on eyeliner - esmeralda
- collection lasting perfection concealer - 3 medium
- bare minerals round the clock waterproof eyeliner - 7pm
- estee lauder artist's eye pencil - 08 slate writer
- d'herbs celak arab...lol that's it, that's the name.
- too faced air-buffed bb creme - cream glow
- bourjois contour clubbing waterproof - bleu neon
so that's the list so far, phew! i tossed the loving minerals apricot blush and the bare minerals foundation because they did not work for mah face at all. AT ALL. i actually hate both of those with a passion haha. the topshop eyeliner i did like and use up which i'm very happy about. The stainiac i liked also, but honestly it wasn't anything special.
i am so close to hitting pan or finishing some of these products i.e. the mac msfn and the laura mercier and inglot eyeliners. i am going to dedicate myself to using up these products and enjoying them. in the event where i can't make it work even after fruitless attempts, i will just toss them out. because seriously, i know it be a waste of money and all, but life is too short for me to be frustrated with something that i really should enjoy, right?
so here's the layout of the products which i will be hopefully panning or using up by 2016. banyaknyeeee....i think i'm gonna make a separate post with more details on each product and how i feel about them. some of these have been in my past project pan...which failed. haha. but i'm a bit more confident and driven this time, fear not!
that's all folks!